Saturday, July 07, 2007

OTTAWA

Packed up the soccermom van, squished all 6 of us in and drove to the capital with a small detour in Montreal. It was awesome. My good friend Simon and his wife were moving to Ottawa for the year while he does some teacher's college and so we took the opportunity to help them get their new apartment ready. Nothing like washing walls and trying hard not to think about what caked onto them. I also got the time to get to know his wife Jenna who I didn't have much of a chance to know not living here for the last few years. She's by far the nicest person ever. Love her and am soo happy for them even though I'm sad they'll be 5 hours away. Guess next summer will take some more roadtrips. We stayed for Canada's day which was awesome. I don't think I've ever been there for it before and it was by far the coolest fireworks I've ever seen. Sorry Symphony of Fire! The street was full of people dressed in red, break dancers, circus performers and buskers all celebrating our birthday. And of course we made sure we got some beavertails in the Ottawa spirit.

No comments: